Friday, December 05, 2008

Resignations, Acceptance of the improbable, or Secretly hoping.

Such a small world we live on, really. 

Our lives criss-cross; perhaps we indulge in a tango; perhaps we find a life-altering friend or purpose... Regardless, our "circles of influence" ebb & flow with Goodbyes & Possibilities. 

With each "Goodbye," we might hold our breath with anticipation. We might find an ebb where we would like some flow. Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised to find Possibility when we do not expect it.

I think it is this ebb & flow that keep us moving silently forward, living independent lives. We hope - and are either encouraged or discouraged - all the while, holding and cherishing our "Own"... Pressing onwards, slowly acknowledging the ebb & flow will build us up or pick away - at will.

Somewhere along the way, we might find comfort in knowing or resigning, that this is the clockwork of life - although I don't. At some point we might realize we have to accept the world as it is, and that the ebb & flow may not always bring us what we would need or want - although I don't.

I prefer to see and enjoy the ebb & flow in our daily lives in realtime - as it comes & goes... I might enjoy and dance with the waters as they come & go... and I quietly hope there is a larger purpose in which I am performing. And all the while, I do cherish my own, but I also secretly hope "Mine" is really Ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment